Plenier FAQ

A Canadian Permanent Resident (PR) Visa allows an immigrant to live, work and study in Canada long-term and grants them special rights and privileges in Canada, yet, allows them to remain a citizen of their home country. They receive health care and most social benefits just like a Canadian citizen.
Yes - There are several different Canadian immigration programs, each with its own criteria, including:
  • Federal Skilled Workers Program
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program
  • Provincial Nominees Program
  • Quebec-Selected Skilled Workers Program
  • Family Sponsorship Program
  • Live-in Caregivers Program
Finding the Canadian immigration program that suits you best, as the precondition for Canadian permanent residency depend on the stream under which an individual qualifies. Canada has created a variety of immigration streams based on various factors like age, education, work experience, net worth and willingness to invest etc.
Plenier’s authorized immigration consultants will use their expertise to evaluate which of several Canadian immigration programs you may be best-suited to apply for, based on your education, work experience etc.
After the application has been submitted, the entire process is expected to take up to 18 months. There are many factors that affect the immigration application processing time, like particular visa you are applying for, which Canadian Immigration Visa Office is processing the application etc.
On January 2015, the Canadian government launched its new "Express Entry" immigration system to speed up the process of applying for a Permanent Resident Visa to Canada. Skilled foreign workers who apply PR Visa to Canada through this should receive a decision on their visa application within 6 months of submitting their complete PR Visa Application.
No, it is possible to apply for permanent residence in Canada by oneself. But we often see cases, when the applicants who had all the chances to pass immigration getting failed, due to the mistakes in filling in application forms or because of incorrect behaviour at the interview. That's why a consultant is needed, to rightly introduce the client to all immigration authorities and to properly prepare them for an interview, thus ensuring the successful immigration to Canada.
First you must decide to immigrate. Then you must complete the preliminary questionnaire that we will be providing, answering all of the questions, and not forgetting to put down your address. Within 1 - 2 days we will do a preliminary assessment of your chances to immigrate to Canada and will give you an answer.
Among the documents that are necessary to start work on immigration file there must be copies of birth certificates, educational certificates and diplomas, marriage and divorce certificates, passports, police certificates, employment reference letter and some other certificates.
Employment authorization allows its possessor to live and work in Canada for a certain period of time; it also limits the possessor's ability to work in Canada. Employment visa doesn't give the right for the permanent immigrant visa. As for the Permanent Resident Visa, it gives its possessor the right to work and live in any place in Canada, have the privileges of a Canadian citizen.
Yes - there are 2 types of job offers that a Canadian employer can make:
(1) A temporary job offer - An offer of employment in Canada that is offered for a specific period of time. In most cases, you will need a temporary work permit to begin working.
(2) A permanent job offer - An offer of employment in Canada that is made for an indeterminate period of time. You can only start to work once you have your Canadian immigration visa.
Yes, you can do that. However, since you have the intentions to remain in Canada after it is expired, your application for employment visa might suffer. Therefore, it is better to first apply for employment visa, and only after that for the Permanent Resident Visa.
There is a possibility that you may qualify with arranged employment, or through a provincial nominee program. Our immigration consultants will give you all your options.
Skilled Worker applicants must demonstrate that they have sufficient funds to support themselves and any accompanying dependants, for six months after their arrival in Canada.
In each Permanent Resident Visa there is a date of its validity, you must enter Canada before the expiry of this date which is a year after the medical examination. The immigration law allows that first the principal applicant can enter Canada and the rest of the family can come later but certainly before the Permanent Resident Visa expiry date.
The independent immigrant should have $10 000 Canadian for the principal applicant plus $2000 for each additional family member who will live in Canada.
Of course, in each province and city there are numerous services and organizations that are set up to help new immigrants to Canada.
Immigration officer who processes your application decides whether you need an interview or not. You may need to attend an interview at which an immigration officer will access your education, knowledge of your profession, work experience and your ability to comprehend the English or / and the French language.
In the Skilled Worker category, the principal applicant must pay a non-refundable processing fee of CDN$550. The accompanying spouse must also pay CDN$550. Accompanying children under 22 years of age each pay CDN$150 and those 22 years and older pay CDN$550. In addition, a refundable landing fee of CDN$975 is charged to each newly arriving immigrant 22 years of age or older.
We not only complete the application forms, but also represent the client on all the stages of the immigration process. Therefore, the price of our services depends on how much work involves, the category through which the client is processed and, accordingly the price is determined in each specific case.

Powered by Trysocio